On 07/15/2010 05:33 PM, Victor Gorokhov wrote:

Thanks for an example! Probably, one can think about using Arrays
instead of Map or IntMap in order to achieve 'true' O(1) in pure. But
I suppose that there are some trouble with array expanding. Or
somebody would already make it.

Pure arrays have O(n) modification time.

Excluding DiffArray under certain usage patterns of course, but DiffArray is slow for unknown reasons besides algorithmic complexity.

From the docs, lookup is O(min(n,W))

Actually worse than O(log n).

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but O(min(n,W)) is either better than or the same as O(log n), depending on how you look at things, but I don't see any way that the former could be *worse* than the latter.

- Jake