Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
Andrew Coppin <andrewcop...@btinternet.com> writes:

So now I wonder about Darcs, Cabal, Haddock, Hackage, and all those
other big projects. Do they really have a bazillion people working on
them? Or is it just two blokes in their spare time? (And, more
importantly, how do you find out?)

Seeing as how we don't have a bazillion people using Haskell... ;-)

I don't know - how many packages are on Hackage now? That's a few GB of source code, right? It didn't write itself. ;-)

My understanding is that Cabal, Haddock, Hackage (as in the web
infrastructure, etc.) and GHC all have a small core team of about 3
developers and a whole bunch of people who have committed patches at one
time or another and might even do so on an irregular basis.  Darcs seems
to have a larger team behind it.

OK, wow. Makes you wonder how anything ever gets done at all, eh?