On Sep 2, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Stephen Sinclair wrote:

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I find it funny that I never really
noticed you could perform less-than or greater-than comparisons on
Bool values.  What's the semantic reasoning behind allowing relative
comparisons on booleans?  In what context would you use it?

The Boolean values form a Boolean lattice.  That's reason enough.

It seems
to me a throwback to C's somewhat arbitrary assumption that False=0
and True=1.

That's not arbitrary at all. 0 and 1 are very special numbers, because of the roles they play in addition and multiplication. They "absorb" and "identify" things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_algebra_(structure)