Since you are proposing creating an abstract type TExp that can't be created manually in contrast to Exp, I have a question that might simply be a reflection of ignorance on my part on how TH works now.

As far as I can tell by looking through the documentation, when I want to create an identifier with a computed name I have to build up the AST manually rather than by using quoters since there is no way to splice an identifier name into a quoter. Does this mean that it will not be possible to construct a TExp with a computed identifier name, since one can only use the quoter syntax and not manual construction?

Thanks,
Greg