On 10/29/10 8:33 PM, C. McCann wrote:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM, wren ng thornton<w...@freegeek.org>  wrote:
I'm sort of torn on this issue. On the one hand (#) has great potential as
an operator, on the other hand I've found that having something like
-XMagicHash (or TeX's \makeatletter and \makeatother) can be really helpful
when you want to expose some guts but also want to keep folks from using
them accidentally.

Haskell officially supports unicode in identifiers, right? Why not
pick some obscure and little-used symbol and leave the ones that are
conveniently placed on standard keyboards for normal use?

That's doable, and no less portable than -XMagicHash already is.

I suggest U+2621.

I'm not sure I'd've ever recognized a funny 'z' as "caution sign"... :)

--
Live well,
~wren