Hi,

Can somebody please explain exactly how the monad functions "sequence" and
"sequence_" are meant to work?

I have almost every Haskell textbook, but there's surprisingly little
information in them about the two functions.

From what I can gather, "sequence" and "sequence_" behave differently depending
on the types of the Monads that they are processing. Is this correct? Some
concrete examples would be really helpful.

Even references to some research papers that explain the rationale behind these
(and all the other..?) monad functions would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Spezzano