We already know that there are noncommutative modules/vectorspaces of
interest (e.g., modules over quaternions and modules over graph paths),
why not support them from the beginning? It seems like you're going out
of your way to exclude things that would be trivial to include. This is
exactly why this is my standard complaint against the various proposals
out there for new numeric hierarchies. People who are used to only using
R^n think the proposals are just fine, but none of the proposals capture
the structures I work with daily. Which means the new proposals are no
better than the Prelude for me.

Could you tell what data structures do you use? It's difficult to think about them without concrete examples.