I stood up and suggested rebindable record syntax at Anglohaskell earlier this year, but never got round to posting a proposal. Given the TDNR discussion, it seems timely to link everyone to what I'd got round to writing:

http://flippac.org/RebindableRecordSyntax.html

Apologies for the lack of concrete examples: if anyone's interested I'll try to crank some out soon, specific requests would help. I probably don't have the energy to champion this properly on my own, so speak up if you think it's a good idea! Incidentally, I believe something similar has been proposed elsewhere - it's also possible I'd seen it before and forgotten before "rediscovering" the idea.

--
fli...@flippac.org