John Meacham wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Stefan Kersten <s...@k-hornz.de> wrote:
On 28.12.10 21:25, John Meacham wrote:
jhc generated C works on the android/ARM just fine. Android specific
libraries arn't available, so you would have to bind to what you want
with the FFI.
is there a recommended procedure for porting code from GHC to JHC? i'd like to
port an application of mine to ios/android, but my naive approach of specifying
the jhc compiler in ~/.cabal/config fails with the first dependency (binary),
because the base library does not have the required version. any hints?

In general cabal and jhc don't work together.

Hey, some time ago I updated Cabal's support for JHC. I hope that it is still not outdated, again. I hoped to be able to install a pacakge and all of its dependencies automatically with cabal-install. This would work in principle, but in the real world the core packages for JHC and GHC are different. GHC's base is in fact a ghc-base, JHC has the same modules in different packages (like applicative). Thus I had to extend all the packages I wanted by Cabal flags. Not very nice. I do very very much hope, that GHC's base one day is suitably small in order to be used by all current Haskell systems, and that package developers try harder to write their packages such that they can be ported to compilers other than GHC (e.g. resist from using newest GHC features). Maybe programming those mobile devices are enough of an application to make JHC more important in future.