Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
On 23 February 2011 13:10, Kurt Stutsman <kstuts...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to create an instance of a class for data types deriving from
Enum. When I try to specify this through a context on the instance
definition, I get an error. When I do something similar with a function, it
seems to work fine. Why does the instance not work?

What's the error?

   Illegal instance declaration for `Test e'
       (All instance types must be of the form (T a1 ... an)
        where a1 ... an are type *variables*,
        and each type variable appears at most once in the instance head.
        Use -XFlexibleInstances if you want to disable this.)
   In the instance declaration for `Test e'