Hello Andrew,

This is something I've been wanting for a while, and I'd definitely be
interested in mentoring the work. We'd want to work together (along with
Benedikt Huber, the current maintainer) to define a specific scope that's
appropriate for the summer of code. A fully-compliant internal pre-processor
could be quite a lot of work, but it may be possible to come up with something
that would be close enough to be useful, and have a plan for how to continue
working on it after the summer.

However, I should mention that the Haskell community has put together a fairly
long list of potential projects, many of which are more widely useful than
Language.C work. This may mean that it would have a relatively low chance of
being accepted. A high-quality proposal would help the odds, however. :)

Aaron

--
Aaron Tomb
Galois, Inc. (http://www.galois.com)