Wow, this is great news.
(still compiling, so didn't even try it out yet)

Will it be possible to interface (from/to) with native javascript
functions in this release?
And are there any packages that provide the objects/functions provided
by the DOM?

Thanks for continuing ghcjs. I was beginning to fear people didn't
mind to code JS by hand :P