On 23/05/2011 09:55, Erik Hesselink wrote:
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 15:03, Johannes Waldmann
<waldm...@imn.htwk-leipzig.de>  wrote:
  I think you should file a bug report with a test case
on GHC.

I am willing to work on this, but I thought I'd go fishing for some
advice first. My program uses: forkIO, STM, and FFI.

I've seen something like this, using only forkIO, so I'd start looking
there. I was trying to create a reduced test case, but haven't
reported a bug yet.

I think that "heap exhausted" sometimes gets reported
as "evacuate: strange closure",
(cf.  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5085 )
and yieldCapability() might be another instance.

Thank you, we just had this message, and I had no idea what it was.

Please report all crashes like this as bugs:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ReportABug

In particular, the RTS should never trigger a crash in a heap exhausted situation - if some documentation somewhere gives the wrong impression about that, please let me know.

I will need a reproducible test case to track down the bug, though.

Cheers,
        Simon