Hi All,

Currently debian stable installs ghc 6.12.1.

I'd like to use the latest version of repa which is built on ghc 7.0, and my
attempts to placate cabal's complaints about the installation of various
packages isn't going anywhere.

It's not obvious to me that there's an advantage to using debian for ghc if I
want to stay on the latest ghc to support various packages.

I'm wondering what the best way to maintain the latest ghc while using debian
stable.

Should I abandon the ghc debian package and install the haskell-platform ?
Should I simply build ghc 7.0 independently ?  The advantage of building ghc
myself would of course be the ability to incorporate latest patches etc, and
that seems like a good way to go.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian