I've been for functions like GetMessage, TranslateMessage and DispatchMessage in the Haskell Platform Win32 library - the usual message loop stuff - and not finding them. Hoogle says "no results found".

Is this level of Win32 GUI coding supported? (other than by dealing with the FFI myself)

Alternatively, should I be doing dialog-based coding and leaving Haskell to worry about message loops behind the scenes?

Either way, is there an example I can use for reference? I have something along the lines of Petzolds Hello World in mind as the ideal (register a window class, handle the messages, paint some text), but anything that shows how to get a basic Win32 GUI app running in Haskell is fine.