But DEC's language FOCAL had fractional line numbers. :)

On Nov 7, 2006, at 06:00 , Henning Thielemann wrote:

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

Hello Henning,

print msg `on` mode==debug

but failed because my code frequently contains '$' and there is no way
to define operation with a lower precedence

This could be solved by the solutions proposed in this thread:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2006-October/ 018923.html

it's too complex for my purposes. -1 priority is enough

This reminds me on good old BASIC programming days, where we numbered
lines in steps of 10, in order to be able insert lines later.
Unfortunately, BASIC never supported negative nor fractional line numbers.
:-)