On 2/3/07, Brian Hulley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Of course, but when I said "error" I meant "error with respect to the
intentions of the programmer" not "syntax error detected by the compiler".
The problem with your proposal is that if optional trailing commas were
allowed, if *I* wrote:

    (1,2,)

by mistake, forgetting to add in the last element, the fact that the
compiler would now treat the trailing comma as optional means it would now
accept the code as being syntactically ok.

And invariably your code would fail to typecheck. That makes this a
lot safer for tuples than for lists, for example.

--
Taral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"You can't prove anything."