Chris Smith wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:53:39 -0700, Simon Marlow wrote:
Tue Apr 22 15:53:31 PDT 2008  Simon Marlow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  * add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Is there a justification for this somewhere?

I'm hoping someone will supply some. There seemed to be strong opinion on #haskell that this change should be made, but it might just have been a very vocal minority.

I know it would break nearly every single piece of Haskell code I've ever written. As such, I'm biased toward thinking it's an extremely bad idea.

Absolutely.  Given that, we'd need a *very* good reason to make the change.

Cheers,
        Simon