Dear all,

Although the Haskell 2010 Language Report has only been published recently, it will soon be time for the Committee to make decisions on the next version, Haskell 2011.

I am aiming for the committee to make decisions around the end of Sept or beginning of October 2010.

Can I therefore encourage any people who have made proposals, either informally on mailing lists, or formally in the Haskell-prime ticket system, to consider what they need to do to bring those proposals to a state where the committee can vote on them. Perhaps you have not made such a proposal yourself, but are very keen that someone else's proposal be adopted. Work with the proposer to polish it!

Here is what you need to know about the proposal process:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/Process

Please note especially that the key requirement that will bring your proposal to the attention of the committee for a decision is the "Report delta", which describes the changes with exact precision.

Regards,
    Malcolm