Zooko Journeyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes

>> Honestly, would you use a language which does not allow to
>> program a depth-first graph traversal in O(n).

> Ah.  I didn't realize it was that bad.
> But I've yet to implement a graph structure of any sort (as far
> as I can remember) and then try to traverse it efficiently.
> Of course, graph traversal, sorting and such algorithms are
> extremely important to a lot of work

At least, sorting is all right in Haskell - as in many other
languages. Merge sorting can be srcipted in 4-5 lines, the program
costs  O( n*log(n) ),  and one cannot code this any better, even,
say, in C.

Concerning the depth-first graph traversal, could you formulate
the task?
And if it costed, say,  O( n*log(n) ),  I think it would be almost
like O(n) - ?

Sergey Mechveliani  [EMAIL PROTECTED]