On 25 Aug, Stephan Tobies wrote:
> I need the length of a list and it should be of type Integer, while the
> prelude function yields type Int.

This looks like a bug in the prelude to me.  It's not inconceivable
that in some implementation it might be possible to have a list with
length greater than the capacity of Int.  So length in the prelude
ought to be Integral a => ...

In general, I think that Int is given too great a prominence -
wherever it is used one is gaining efficiency at the risk of losing
correctness, which is something of which the programmer ought to be
properly aware when coding.

  Jon

--
Jon Fairbairn                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]