Thank you.  This documentation helps a lot.
It doesn't really answer the politics question per se, but it does provide
a lot of useful pointers.

I strongly the maintainers of Haskell.org ([EMAIL PROTECTED]?) to
put a link to this material on their pages (at least until Haskell.org is
no longer "under construction").

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-697-0184 voice                    1-212-697-1427 fax