Ok, back to the main list we go!

| But the problem is that I need the type name c inside the body of
| the function!  I'm assuming always that I can solve a typeing
| problem by adding an explicit type signature wherever it's needed;
| however, that implies that I need to be able to get at the type
| names.

I was replying to your suggestion that you needed the extra line
to specify the context (Num c).  Yes, I agree that you might need
a way to name the result type c.  That can be handled in the way
we discussed earlier:  f xs :: c = ...  But why do you think that
you need some way to write down the context too?  I don't think
you do!

All the best,
Mark