Hi Alex,

| 1. Does hugs now support mutually recursive modules?

As far as I know, there are no versions of Hugs that support this.
The underlying infrastructure in the Hugs implementation was never
designed with this in mind, and would need some substantial changes.
There is interest in doing this, but it has never been as high up
the list of priorities as, say, general support, type systems
extensions, ffi, or interfacing between GHC and Hugs.

| 2. Does the new GHC support TREX? If yes, how does one enable it?

Sorry, I don't know.

| 3. Are the literate modes now compatible? (they weren't before)

I didn't realize they weren't compatible.  What were the differences?

| 4. Does Hugs now support MPTC, Existential types, etc?
|
| If so, where is this new version of hugs and how long until public
| release?

Hugs has had these things since March!
(In Hugs 1.3c; see http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~mpj/hugs13/)

However, this version of Hugs doesn't have the support for modules
and so on that you are probably used to from 1.4.  We'd originally
hoped that the two systems would have been merged some time ago, but
there were unfortunate delays.  You can, however, expect to hear
some good news on this front in the very near future.

All the best,
Mark