On 24-Feb-1999, John C. Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can't nuke monomorphism without addressing the ambiguity problem.

If you've got the time, would you mind giving an example of the kind
of ambiguity you're talking about?  I think I know roughly the kind
of problem you're talking about, but I think a concrete example might
help to focus the discussion.

> At the very least, you need scoped type variables to disambiguate
> types in the absence of the MR.

Well, scoped type variables are a good idea anyway, aren't they?
Is there anyone who _doesn't_ want scoped type variables in Haskell 2?

--
Fergus Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  "Binaries may die
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>  |   but source code lives forever"