On Mon, 3 May 1999, Mark P Jones wrote:

> I've seen a couple of messages now about Simon's proposal for
> a RULES mechanism in Haskell, but it's clear that I've missed
> several of the messages, including the original proposal.  I
> suspect this is a result of recent changes in the way that the
> list is handled, which should be resolved by now.  Unfortunately,
> the missing articles are also not available from the archive at
> haskell.org.

        As I see it from here, part of the problem is old and has
        its source in splitting the archives into two: first Glasgow
        and Yale, and now Glasgow and Microsoft. Page www.haskell.org
        points only to Glasgow archive and there one can find only
        those messages that had been posted to Glasgow address.

        I already wrote about it some time ago, before recent changes
        took place, but no one seemed to care about it. But it is
        frustrating to see only half of a discussion when either mailing
        list fails to deliver some messages or one's own mailer fails to
        receive them.

        Jan