Are we talking about documentation for the H98 libraries?
Are these libraries relevant?  Don't MPTC, Existential Types, Restricted
Type Synonyms, Arrows, and an FFI substantial change the architecture,
interface, and implementation of the libraries?  As these language
features are becoming more accepted (implemented in GHC & Hugs), is it
worth investing time in supporting what are in fact really strange library
APIs.

For example, if you assume something simple, like the ability to talk to
Java classes in some reasonably lightweight manner, then you could replace
the wierdness of the Haskell directory module with a wrapper around
the JNDI API.
Whatever happened to the arrows proposal?  Whatever happened to the
categorical prelude?

Is there some state of play document that covers discussion about these
issues?  At very least, can someone provide some story about what belongs
in the libraries and what should be left out at this stage of the game?

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson                   Shop.Com
1-212-697-0184 voice                    The Easiest Way To Shop