S.D.Mechveliani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
| Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes
| > partition _ []     = ([],  [])
| > partition p (x:xs) = if p x then (x:ys, zs) else (ys, x:zs)
| >     where (ys, zs) = partition p xs
| >
| > runs your example in constant space.
|

| Probably, this will do. What the Haskell implementors say?
| And we have to add that this was suggested 2-3 days ago by someone in
| this maillist.

This probably works fine for many applications, but of course,
it is a different function.  What applications of partition need
to preserve list order?

Cheers,
--Joe

Joseph H. Fasel, Ph.D.              email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technology Modeling and Analysis    phone:  +1 505 667 7158
University of California            fax:    +1 505 667 2960
Los Alamos National Laboratory      postal: TSA-7 MS F609
                                            Los Alamos, NM  87545