On 31-Mar-2000, Marc van Dongen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> S.D.Mechveliani ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> [ error messages printing their aguments ]
>
> Printing the argument of a function as part of an error
> message may lead to infinite error messages.

Well, of course if the argument is large (let alone
infinite), you don't want to print it all out,
just part of it.

And of course you don't want to evaluate the argument
any further than it is already evaluated.
But this is quite doable.

--
Fergus Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.