Sources of the latest snapshot of Hugs serving
        some simple example application via Fast-CGI framework
        are available here:

        http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/bridge/index.html

        [I may consider giving access to my Hugs server
         for testing to those from this list that I know
         by their postings. But the installation is not
         so complex - it just takes some time.]

        Included are few HTML pages of documentation,
        and auxiliary modules:

        DateTime  - this one really computes what it says
        Md5Digest - The server uses it for authentication
                    but you can use it for other purposes too.

        The main module Bridge.hs provides low level
        interface to C, but its main strength is in presenting
        the application programmers with really simple
        model, which I shortly describe here:

        --------------------------------------
        type Environment = [(Name, Value)]
        type Query       = [(Name, Value)]
        type Request     = (Environment, Query)

        serving_function :: Request -> IO ()
        ---------------------------------------

        That's it! The request is just a glorified input,
        and no one has to worry about where it has come from,
        and in what form - POST, or GET, or whatever.

        Writing fancy gadgets is a responsibility
        of the application programmers, although I provide
        some examples here too.

        Aside from the basics, the Bridge.hs module
        provides many examples and also a snapshot
        of the simple application which is under
        development and testing as I write this. The
        application part requires some cleanup, but the
        rest is quite decently designed and documented.

        Enjoy,
        Jan