I don't believe this says anything about support for other OS's.  I
think the devices here are hardware, (PCs, handhelds, phones, fridge
interfaces, ...)  Of course Microsoft believes that some day, very
soon, all devices will run (a version of) Windows.  Hence this
statement refers to Microsoft's announced plans to port .NET to all
Windows OS's, including WinCE.

Do you have another reference which is more convincing?