Sebastian Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> John Peterson wrote:
> > Or you can just set USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION in options.h if you want to

I did that (to be precise, I had to do it every time when building
hugs :-(  ).

pi::Double is defined by the prelude as primPiDouble, and this
seems to be hardcoded to 3.1415926535 in old hugsen (I just looked
into verion 990121).

. Consequently,
    pi-4*atan 1
gives
    -8.97930619e-11 :: Double
which looks reasonable (for appropriate values of "reasonable").

> Same question as to Jan :
> how many significant digits will that change give me?

Maybe none, depending on the version.
990525 says pi=4*atan 1.

It seems I should upgrade as well (my installed one is here is still 990121).

Ralf