> If C# again makes it easy to write unsafe code, then in order
> to avoid the learning curve, many current C/C++ programmers
> are likely to continue programming in The Old Way.  The trick
> lies in the learning curve.

I think you are mistakening ignorance for stupidity.  It is true that C/C++
programmers like to write OO and few have any idea about functional
programming,
but very few will miss the ability to constantly shoot themselves in the
foot with uninitalized random pointers, weird memory access errors, and none
will miss spending a couple of weeks at the end of the development cycle
trying to find a memory leak.

Doug Ransom