Dear all, I'm going to teach a course "Practical Functional Programming"
(http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~joe/edu/ws00/praxis/)
(so named because we also offer courses on theory and implementation)

I want to start from Paul Hudak's SOE book, but I plan to include
some more advanced stuff, especially FranTk, and monadic parsers.
The target audience are our third year students,
so they have done a fair amount of (C, Java) programming
but it will be their first "functional" experience.

Related to this, I want to present Haskore,
and extend it to include a GUI and "real time" control, see this outline:
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~joe/edu/ws00/praxis/sequencer.html

I'd appreciate your comments. Meta-Comment: Instead of teaching
and programming, I should rather be writing papers and
compile my habilitation thesis...

--
-- Johannes Waldmann ---- http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~joe/ --
-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- phone/fax (+49) 341 9732 204/252 --