So this has been a while, but i think that decodeFloat,
incrementing the mantissa, encodeFloat might work.
But then again, it might not. :)

-- Lennart

Hal Daume III wrote:
My preference would be for succ (+-0) to return the smallest positive
real, since then you could define succ x to be the unique y with
x < y and forall z . z < y => not (x < z), where such a y exists, and
I'm not sure if the Haskell standard knows about signed zeros.

Is this really useful? Why would you need this number? Peano artithmetic on reals? :-)

Is there any way to do this (yet)?  I found a case where I really need:
  f :: Float -> Float
where
  f x is the least y such that x < y

even if i have to FFI to C, I'd really like a solution.

any help would be appreciated.

- Hal