hello. a few comments and questions on haddock (www.haskell.org/haddock/)

1. haddock is great

2. haddock's interpretation of "-- $" is un-great:

I have two types of "-- $" occurences in my code
that conflict with haddock's idea of "named doc chunks"

a. CVS macros: -- $Id: ...$

b. pipes like this, with some lines commented out:

let x = this_function
      $ that_function
      -- $ but_not_this
      $ arg

3. how can I refer to external system libraries documentation (i. e. Data.FiniteMap from the ghc web site)?

4. haddock does not seem to understand cpp #ifdefs.
   how can I work around this? (I know I shouldn't use cpp
   in the first place, but I want to document existing code,
   and not rewrite it just to make the doc tool happy :-)

again, haddock is great. even running it on the code as-is (without any annotations) gives nice interface documentation, indexing and cross-refs. -- -- Johannes Waldmann, Tel/Fax: (0341) 3076 6479 / 6480 -- ------ http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ ---------