--------- Mensagem Original --------
De: "Iavor S. Diatchki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cópia: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: Re: AW: [Haskell] Hugs Nov2003 X Nov2002
Data: 16/03/04 16:52

hi,
i believe you should use
fromIntegral :: (Integral a, Num b) => a -> b

Since Int is in the Integral class, and Float is in the Num class
this should do exactly the job you need.

For the other functions that were not working --- they were moved to
the Char module, so you need to add "import Char" at the top of your
program.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> try
>
> fromInt = fromInteger . toInteger

this does not seem like a good idea, as you start with an Int,
then convert it to an Integer, and then you make a Float out of that.
seems like a waste.

hope this helps
-iavor