On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Duncan Coutts wrote:

Ah ok, I misunderstood. Well that'd be a bit odd too. No other function
behaves differently on different types except by use of type classes.

I agree it is quite odd, but the seq we have is already quite odd.

Furthermore, the fact is that seq on function types is actually useful
for controlling space and time behaviour, so it's not clear that we want
to ban it.

Do you have an example of use of seq on a function type? (Of course I don't want to ban it, just change its behaviour.)