I have a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow, working with the Hume language developed jointly with Heriot-Watt University (http://www.hume-lang.org). Knowledge of Haskell and other functional programming technologies is a distinct advantage. Please do forward to anyone who may be interested, and please let me know if you intend to make a late application or if you see this
late (the deadline is January 17th, but I may need to extend this).

Note that the Human Resources department has only listed the lower salary level on the
research fellow scale: my understanding is that there is in fact a range.

Best Wishes,
Kevin

University of St Andrews, School of Computer Science

Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Worst-Case Execution Time Analysis
for Embedded Software

Salary - £26,915+ pa(*)

Applications are invited from well-qualified individuals. The post involves the development of static analyses of worst-case time behaviour for embedded software, working on industrial/EU projects as part of the internationally recognised functional programming group at the University of St Andrews.

Appointments will be made for one year in the first instance, with a possibility of extension based on pending funding applications. The start date will be 1 March 2007, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Informal enquiries to: Dr Kevin Hammond, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

* Salary is subject to confirmation under the new Framework Agreement.
Please quote ref: SK109/06

Closing Date: 17 January 2007
Application forms and further particulars are available from Human Resources, University of St Andrews, College Gate, North Street, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9AJ, (tel: 01334 462571, by fax 01334 462570 or by e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  The advertisement and further particulars can be viewed at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/recruitment/vacancies.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/recruitment/vacancies/vacancy-list
--
In accordance with University policy on electronic mail, this email reflects the opinions of the individual concerned, may contain confidential or copyright information that should not be copied or distributed without permission, may be of a private or personal nature unless explicitly indicated otherwise, and should not under any circumstances be taken as an official statement of University policy or procedure (see http://www.st-and.ac.uk).