On May 3, 2007, at 13:47 , Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

on <http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hackage> I read that there is the idea to make Hackage support bug tracking and project pages. This looks like Hackage should provide complete hosting of Haskell projects at some time. Is this really intended? Since any reasonable Haskell project should use Hackage now, this would mean that a Haskell software developer cannot use another hosting provider or whatever to host his project. I think this would be very bad since the decision about how and where to host a project shouldn’t be
based primarily on what programming language it uses.

My understanding is that yes, it will offer hosting eventually; but this will be an option, not a requirement. Many people don't have readily available hosting options, so this would make it easier for them to contribute.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED] system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED] electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university KF8NH