The new uu-parsinglib package is the first version of the new parsing combinator library package from Utrecht University.

Features:
  - online result construction
- much simpler internals than the combinators in the uulib package, because of the availabilty of GADT's and other extensions
    which have become available over the last ten years
  - error correction
- parsing ambiguous grammars (even with online result construction), provided one is willing to label a non-terminal as ambiguous - monadic interface. We solve a problem in the "Polish parsing" monadic construct, which could lead to a black hole in combination with
    error correction
- instead of trying to make everything a parameter we rely a bit more on the user to provide some basic functions, based on given
    canonical implementations
- no abstract interpretation yet, as found in the original uulib package. So if you have large grammars with many alternatives
    the uulib package is to be preferred
- extensive motivation and documentation found in a technical report available from the web page

Cons:
- the package is likely to change and be extended in the near future as we incorprorate more of the uulib library into the new package

Pros:
  - suggestions are welcome

 Doaitse Swierstra