On 10/12/05, Luke Kanies <l...@madstop.com> wrote:

> First, it seems to be a pretty simple setup -- I write something, it
> gets put online. Ok, there are some other features -- comments (can get
> quite complicated), categories, pinging (don't ask), and tags. Ok, I
> understand.

Pinging is one of the most hateful parts of writing blog software. Mainly
because it involves web services. Maybe it was just hateful because I was
using Soap::Lite with Perl. Pure hate! Maybe it was because I was trying to
interface with .NET-based web services. Ass tearingly painful hate!
WSDL...what shithead designed this ludicrousness? My experiences with web
services of all kinds have left me to realize that it is such a painful
waste of time that I'd much rather clean the litter box or shave my dog's
ass than try to debug a web service.

Steve