Dear Diary,

About a week ago I switched macs and used the migration assistant to move my account over. Since then there has been much gnashing of teeth and wailing in anger. In its wisdom my mac has decided that qwerty is the One True Keyboard Layout(tm) and decided to educate me about its view by overriding my choice of keyboard layout. When bringing up password dialogues it[*] changes the desired keyboard to qwerty, despite my preference for Dvorak. Sometimes it does this without changing the keyboard icon in the menubar at the top, and it even does this if I have no other keyboard layouts than Dvorak selected. It won't even let me change the layout back to Dvorak so I can type my password when the dialogue is open.

Hatefully yours,
        Stig

[*] often, but not always