* On 2006.01.23, in <20060124032706.ga15...@conker.esphion.com>,
*       "Guy Thornley" <g...@esphion.com> wrote:
You'd think that by 2006 that it would be OK to have the Fcc: of messages
set to either

        (a) the folder of the message you reply to, or
        (b) the current mail folder, if a new message

Not to rain out your fĂȘte, but:
Fcc: ^

(You might need to upgrade for this to work.  I think this feature
was available only as a patch prior to 1.5.10, and since you haven't
posted to any mutt mailing lists to ask about this devilish problem, you
probably don't know about the patch.)

but nooo, not in mutt. Impossible. Using shell-fu to emit 'set record' hooks
for all the mailboxes is gay, since it doesnt work for IMAP.

Let's talk about what else is gay, please.  I'd like to hear more about
that.  I expect it makes for good conversation over coffee and biscuits.

The Genius of it, actually the simple Brilliance and Sheer Glory, is that
is implementing the \0, \1 ... regex match substitutions that *every*
reasonable scripting language has would fix it.

But mutt isn't a scripting language, nor has it one....  And how many
mailers have regex matching at all, let alone with subexpression
substitution?  Let's keep our apples with apples.

Now post what's *really* bugging you!  Cause, you know, this wouldn't be
that bad even if it were an actual problem.

It's a funny thing about posting to a software hate list: you sometimes
ring up people who are considerably involved in the things you hate.
But that's ok, I've got no room to complain.  I still hate CPAN.pm, for
instance.  And what use is a hate list if you have to mind everyone's
feelings?  Hi, Jarkko!

--
-D.    d...@uchicago.edu        NSIT    University of Chicago