* sabrina downard <v...@ziggurat.org> [2006-09-22 15:50]:
>> I tuned out after the first word in the topic. Too easy to
>> hate.

Hmm, that was supposed to go to the list.

> i had no choice but to use it, and then it seemed to suck much
> less than it used to. but it turns out that they've just
> cleverly stashed the suck away into locations you don't expect
> it.

I don’t think of it as stashed away. It’s more that Windows has a
subtractive suck model; it’s all suck but they managed to remove
the most obvious of the stuff so now you only run into it in the
cobwebbed corners.

> it was also hateworthy, but ...

... most other stuff is RGB-suck, unlike Windows’ CMYK-suck.
Yeah.

> god! who mounts a device under an already mounted device!  at
> least mount *over* it!

Too sensible!

With compassion,