On 29 Jan 2007, at 12:15, Peter da Silva wrote:
That decoupling is incredibly valuable - the fact that you can design code that goes *somewhere* when it has a problem without having to work out where it actually goes until later.

That encapsulates everything that's hateful about try/catch.

I suspect this is a fundamental philosophical fork between us then :)

I guess you don't like signals / slots or callbacks in general either then? Or closures? They're all to do with the flow of control bouncing around in ways that weren't explicitly designed into the code that does the transfer of control.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net