On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 02:10:34AM +0200, pagalt...@gmx.de said:
> * David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk> [2007-04-14 01:45]:
> > That Firefox will *ever* open another window without my
> > explicit instruction to do so is a bug.  So I have good reason
> > to hate both.
>
> The most, uh, "successful" ad popups work via Flash, but the same
> could conceivably be done using any other plugin. In that case,
> the browser really cannot know if the plugin is opening a window
> on your behalf or arbitrarily. The answer to that is to use stuff
> like FlashBlock which prevents Flash content from playing back
> without your explicit request.
[snip]

NoScript FTW. The number of sites that actually _need_ javascript
in order to display whatever it is I'm interested in is a relatively
small (and fairly constant) number.

Active content is the source of pretty much 100% of browser annoyances
and security issues, and is largely unnecessary. Combine NoScript
with Adblock and FiltersetUpdater.G and you're all set.

(naturally, don't use MSIE and don't run Windows. :))
--
       Scott Francis | darkuncle(at)darkuncle(dot)net | 0x5537F527
                        Less and less is done