A. Pagaltzis wrote:

Module::Install

Read this:

http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Module-Install-0.65/lib/Module/Install/Philosophy.pod

Now tell me, which of the following problems enumerated there are solved by Module::Install:

* people don't pay much attention to unknowns;
* modules break on older perls;
* bit-rot

And having removed redundancies ("reduced competition" and "author exclusiveness" boil down to people not paying much attention to unknowns) that's pretty much the whole of that file.

Using my proprietary SuperTurboCompressorZipMakerTurbo application (available from all good software shops) that document turns into "wah, it's so unfair".

    Planckton: n, the smallest possible living thing