Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:08:57PM +0000, H.Merijn
Brand wrote:
> > Are you actually getting Joy's vi or is it Bostic's nvi? The latter is in
>
> Neither probably, as all the major vendors think they can do better. Both
> AIX and HP-UX ship with a `real' vi, but don't try to read the version :)

Well, on my FreeBSD boxen:

$ ex
:ve
Version 1.79 (10/23/96) The CSRG, University of California, Berkeley.

But it is nvi, not original vi. Still, closer than most. OTOH, I also have vim
installed, because I use all the extra bells and whistles, and it is worth it,
for me. ;-)

--
Timothy Knox  <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.