On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:23:33AM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Dear hateful VMware Server Console:
*snip valid and well deserved hate*

I've just started a new job that uses VMWare extensively. Really, it feels
like I've just traded one set of problems for another.

Why is it that vmware server console always spawns itself to the upper
left corner, with the top edge of the window above the top of the screen?
Why won't you accept -geometry?

Why can I power a guest on and off from the console, but if I use
vmware-cmd I have to have vmware-tools installed and running?

Why aren't there man pages for any of your tools?

Of course, that last point reminds me that I'm working with linux a lot
more again and it seems to be normal for programs not to have man pages,
and for configuration files to be spread around in a number of different
places.

Sometimes old hatred you forgot about comes back all at once, and it's
just too much hate to condense into a reasonable mailing list post.

-Zach